Saturday, June 2, 2012

Last Day of School

I can't even believe the school year is over, it hasn't hit me yet.  The last day of school was a blast!  We did my Drive - In Movie themed project day and the kids loved it.  One of my colleagues that also did it commented "I can't believe how easy that was!"  That is one of the things I like best about the whole thing - it's super fun AND super easy.  It's one of those special days in school the kids will never forget. The kids were so cute and they were eager to earn their "driver license" - hehe. After we did the "Parking Lot Measurement" activity, the students all wanted to cut apart the key measuring tool so they could have car keys - so that got me thinking... 'I need to add keys to my unit for the kids to earn, just like they earn their driver license and ticket to the movie!'  So I have updated the unit and added keys for the students to earn, along with more car project examples from this years batch of cars. If you've already purchased the unit, head on over to Tpt and redownload!  Like last year, the kids brought in some AMAZING cars.  I was seriously blown away!  Here are some highlights:

   Here are a few pics from the "Parking Lot Measurement" activity:

Interested in doing this project and activities with your students? Check it out in my Tpt store.  I hope everyone had a great end to the school year.  Now I'm looking forward to planning for next year :)  I'm so excited to try all the new ideas I've been finding on Pinterest and the blogs.  You all inspire me!  Here's to a great summer!!! :)

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! congrats on your last day.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just tell you how much a LOVE your blog design?! It's one of the cutest I've seen here in blogland :) And this Drive In Movie Day looks like the *perfect* activity for the last full day of school. (Our actual last day is always a 1/2 day at my school) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ❤-Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cars!!! Such a fun activity!

    Thanks for checking out my new blog! I hope you'll share my blog with your followers!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. those cars are cute!!
    thanks for visiting my blog!
    I am now following yours!
    love your rainbow theme :)
    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great and cute idea! I love the cars and I am sure the children had a blast!! We are your newest followers! Please check us out if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you by way of Her Majesty from the First Grade Jungle:) LOVE this idea!!! Am now your newest follower & on my way to check out your TpT store! BTW, I <3 your blog design!! Uber cute:)

    ReplyDelete